FOR IBVCA COACHES
Resources to prepare you for the 2023 HS season – our first as an IHSAA Emerging Sport!
All interested programs should complete the IBVCA Program Form, linked above, to help generate an active list of competing programs for the 2023 season. Returning IBVCA programs should complete the form to share updated athletic department information, and New-to-IBVCA programs should complete the form to start receiving Board emails & important IHSAA messages.
Programs may compete in the regular season regardless of school adoption status, and matches between schools of any status are still counted as part of the 23 regular + 2 tournament match count. Only programs with recognized athletic department relationships are allowed to compete in the State Tournament.
The IBVCA has adhered to IHSAA guidelines as frequently as possible over the last 25+ years. In this transition to Emerging Sport, all IHSAA rules must be followed.
Important General Bylaws to Note:
Rule 1-4 (Emerging Sports), Rule 3-10 (Athletic Physicals & Consents), Rule 3 Q&A 3-7 (Ineligibility Follows the Student), Rule 7 (Coaches), Rule 9-13 (No Sunday Contests), Rule 9-17 (Non-HS Student Prohibition), Rule 9-18b (Use of AV Equipment during Contests), Rule 10-1 (Contest Limitations), Rule 11 (Contracts), Rule 12 (Enrollment), Rule 14 (Officials), Rule 15-2 (Participation – Team Sports), Rule 18 (Scholarship), Rule 19 (Eligibility and Transfer), Rule 50 (Sports Seasons)
Rule 62 (Volleyball) begins on page 132 in the handbook, which is page 143 in the digital PDF linked above.
The IBVCA has followed the NFHS Volleyball program for many years. Rulebooks, changes/interpretations, and links to the digital app are available here. These are the in-competition rules.
All boys volleyball coaches are required to complete the NFHS coaching certification courses prior to February 27, 2023. Please work with your athletic administration to get access to the learning center.
On this page, IHSAA provides useful coaching resources – scoring/tracking sheets, MaxPreps, etc.
The IBVCA relies on program coaches to update MaxPreps scores regularly. Please make sure your competition scores are entered into MaxPreps within 24 hours of the match.
The IBVCA website provides direct access to boys volleyball teams, records, and history from the last 25+ years of Indiana boys volleyball. IBVCA regional contacts are listed if you have questions about process, policy, or program structures. Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Don’t miss these important dates!
- IBVCA Annual Member Meeting (November 21, 2022 – ZOOM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the recording)
- IBVCA December Update Meeting (Monday, December 19 – ZOOM)
- This meeting is open to ALL interested programs.
- Please plan to join us whether you are competing in 2023 or not.
- Please email email@example.com to request the recording if you cannot attend.
- Pre-Season Limited Contact (August 1, 2022 – October 15, 2022)
- Pre-Season NO Contact (October 16, 2022 – December 4, 2023)
- Pre-Season Limited Contact (December 5, 2022- February 4, 2023)
- MyIHSAA Administrator Updates to include Boys Volleyball on profile (Sunday, January 1, 2023)
- This is how the IHSAA is counting competing programs in 2023, don’t foget!
- IBVCA January Update Meeting (Sunday, January 22 – ZOOM)
- IBVCA Member Application & Season Fees due (Sunday, February 26, 2023)
- First day of season & start of try-outs (Monday, February 27, 2023)
- First day of season competition (Saturday, March 11, 2023)
- Post-Season competition tournament forms & nominations due (Monday, April 24, 2023)
- State Tournament Selection (Sunday, May 7, 2023)
- Regionals (Week of May 8, 2023, with finals played on Saturday, May 13, 2023)
- State Quarterfinals (Friday, May 19, 2023)
- State Semifinals, Finals, and All-Star Match (Saturday, May 20, 2023)